Extra-Curricular ActivitiesClick HERE to see a current list of clubs and advisors at OHMS
Students are encouraged to take part in one of the many activities that Onondaga Hill Middle School has to offer. Sign ups and information will be made during the morning announcements.
Clubs usually meet during IA period. Previous clubs have included:
Student Council, Math Club, School Newspaper, Yearbook Committee, Maker Club, Good News Crew and Future Educators of America.
Intramurals - After School
The Intramural Program provides an opportunity for students in Grades 5-8 to participate in sports activities. There are a variety of sporting competitions held. These are scheduled during the IA period from 2:20- 2:55 PM and will be announced.
The following district teams are provided for seventh and eighth grade students for the fall, winter and spring:
- Modified Football (Boys)
- Modified Soccer (Boys and Girls)
- Modified Cross Country (Boys and Girls)
- Modified Volleyball (Girls)
- Modified Basketball (Boys and Girls)
- Modified Baseball (Boys)
- Modified Softball (Girls)
- Modified Lacrosse (Boys and Girls)
- Golf (girls and boys may try out for high school teams)
- Modified Wrestling (boys)
Students who participate in Modified Sports are subject to the district’s athletic policies including those regarding academic eligibility. Should you have any questions, you may contact the Athletic Director, Ms. Jennie Smarelli at 426-3400 or call the High School main office at 426-3100.
Students at OHMS enjoy a variety of activities scheduled throughout the year. Consult the Westhill District Calendar for exact dates and times of these events.
Some activities include:
• Bingo/Pizza Parties for 5th and 6th graders
• Annual Halloween Party for 6th, 7th, 8th graders, and classroom parties for 5th graders
Parents are asked to adhere to grade level requirements of all activities.
Students who demonstrate persistent misbehavior or safety concerns may be excluded from participation in any or all activities.