Westhill Central School District - Board of Education
May 18, 2021
7:00 am – 9:00 pm
Westhill High School – Grand Avenue Entrance
Health and Safety Protocols
The following will be required:
- Temperature checks
- Health screening forms
- Social distancing of 6’
- One-way circuit through the election site
The Board of Education, whose members are elected for a five-year term, represents the residents of the district. The Board is responsible for policies and regulations governing public education within the district and delegates the overall management of these policies to the Superintendent as its Chief Executive Officer.
Members of the Board of Education
- Mrs. Lisa O'Reilly, President
- Mrs. Roseanne Scrimale, Vice President
- Mr. James Wickersham, Member
- Mr. Andrew Starowicz, Member
- Mr. Patrick Cassidy, Member
- All students and staff members of the Westhill Central School District will learn in a safe school community through the collaboration and mutual respect of the social, emotional, and physical safety of the school community.
- All students of the Westhill Central School District will learn in a supportive district culture and climate that fosters a love of learning while providing innovative educational opportunities in programs that inspire creative, self-motivated, confident, and resilient learners who take pride in their work.
- All students of the Westhill Central School District will experience a standards-based, comprehensive educational program that is meaningful, collaborative, and purposeful, designed to promote persistent, curious, and self-disciplined learners.
- All students of the Westhill Central School District shall be engaged in inquiry-based instructional practice that encourages collaboration, risk-taking, and critical thinking with demonstrated evidence.
Recorded Board Meetings:
5/11/21 Public Hearing
2/1/21 at 7:00 pm
2/1/21 at 11:30 am
Public Forum 8/18/20
Public Forum 8/13/20