Kindergarten Registration 2023-2024
Walberta Park Elementary School News
Attention Incoming Kindergarten Parents
2023-2024 School Year
Registration for the 2023-2024 Kindergarten class at Walberta Park School is approaching.
If you have a child that will be five on or before December 1, 2023, please follow these simple steps:1. Fill out the registration form (link below).
2. Once we have received this completed form, we will send a registration packet in the mail for you to complete. You will need to include the following with your completed registration packet. Your child will not be registered at school unless we have on file the following:
• Copy of your child’s original birth certificate (original not required).
• Proof of district residency (copy of deed, lease or rental agreement, mortgage statement).
• Physical & immunization records (can be sent in later after the 5 year check up).3. Please fill out the packet completely and return it to us between March 6th and March 10th. You can mail it, drop it off or email it. There will not be an in-person registration day.
4. A kindergarten orientation will be held for students and parents on Tuesday, August 29, 2023. More information will be forthcoming.
5. Once your child is registered, you will receive a link to sign your child up for our kindergarten screening which will take place on June 26 and 27. Every incoming kindergartner must be screened to enter school. Screening helps us make class placements and plan for instruction to best meet children’s needs.
6. Student hours for the 2023-2024 school year are 8:40am to 3:00pm.
Please take a moment to complete this form no later than January 27, 2023.
Kindergarten Registration Form