Westhill and Town of Geddes Partner to Add SROs
1000 Woods Road, Solvay, New York 13209
Employment Opportunity - Special Patrol Officer
The Special Patrol Officer will perform the duties of a School Resource Officer, including:
• Develop and maintain a positive and open relationship with students, faculty and parents.
• Present educational programs to students, faculty, parents and board members.
• Build community relationships by serving as a liaison between the police department and the school district.
• Patrol and observe all areas of the assigned school(s) and grounds.
• Keep the peace and help maintain a safe and orderly school community.
• Conduct preliminary investigations of crimes perpetrated by and against juveniles.
• Must have permanent competitive class as a police officer, deputy sheriff or member of New York State Police; and is retired.
• Must possess a valid DCJS police officer certificate.
• Must possess a valid NYS driver’s license.
• Must possess a valid NYS pistol permit or ability to obtain a permit
As a State accredited agency, the Town of Geddes Police will complete a comprehensive background investigation of potential candidates.
Interested candidates requesting further information can contact Westhill CSD Superintendent, Stephen R. Dunham (315-426-3272), or Town of Geddes Police Department Chief of Police, John R. Fall Jr.
All candidates will need to submit a resume and certificates for the minimum requirements to Chief Fall at the Town of Geddes Police Department, by October 14, 2022.