Dr. Beth Kramer, Principal
Happy New Year! Here are some of the many exciting happenings at Walberta Park for 2020:
- January 17 - WMP guest will be Mr. John Farrell
- February 7 - WMP guests will be the WHS Percussion Ensemble
- Primary Project will be starting. Eligible student families will be contacted to see if they would like their child to participate. This is a researched-based program that incorporates playtime in a students day to help students relax and regulate. If you would like more information, please contact our Social Worker, Mrs. Beth Piorkowski or me.
- March 12 - is Open House and March 17 - 20 is Family Breakfast
- In April,thanks to the Educational Foundation Grant, Bricks4Kidz classes will be starting for all students.
- Mark your calendars for April 26th - Paint Westvale Purple Run (PWP).
We have adopted a new ELA curriculum at the elementary level, Expeditionary Learning – now called EL. EL is research-based and ensures that all students master rigorous content, develop positive character, and produce high quality work. For in-depth information about EL, click here.
The next generation math standards are being taught to students – to learn more about these standards and the 8 mathematical practices that we are looking for students to apply, click here.
P2 – The Positivity Project. Our entire district is celebrating the 24 character strengths and supporting the motto of “Other People Matter.” For more information about P2 – check our website and/or click here.
A New Year’s resolution is when a person sets a goal to make their life better. In 2020, why not create your own New Year’s resolution to include saving more in your Dollar Dog account? This resolution will help teach positive money management skills – and you will have saved a greater amount of money throughout the year!
Membership eligibility required. Insured by NCUA.
Dr. Beth Kramer
Principal Walberta Park School